23 August 2010

summit

just a little background on my present job (in two months, it will be my "previous" job):

Our Project Team organized a transport summit (yes, if you click on the link it will take to the Holy Land --- nah, I'm bursting your bubbles. But seriously? you'd like to be transported to the Holy Land?) for MIGEDC on August 20, 2010.

I have been nervous about this since june 2010 because of the amount of work (that will ultimately including sleepless nights and impossible deadlines to beat!!) I imagined i'd do.

Fortunately the staff of the project management office were kind enough to assist us (meaning my boss and I) with the faxing of invitation and the confirmation of attendance. The speakers were also kind enough to keep in touch even with their own very busy and tight schedule.

One event out, one more to go: the Advanced Traffic Administration Course (which will be conducted by the UP-NCTS (yes, again the link will transport you to the -- site of NCTS :D) on September 20-24 -- limited pre-determined slots!) and off to maybe a month's vacation (read: finish my memoir, help alfredo finally publish that collection of memoirs from the Wide White Space writing workshop, help liby make that proposal to NCCA, and yes, help myself get some money for graduate school).

And after the memoir is done, some reflecting whether to proceed to MaURP (and coerce my close friend and fellow DURP, Miriam, to start on her thesis) or to TRY HARD to get into the S.P.R.I.N.G program of Dortmund University (who knows, i'd get lucky?) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment