I use the YKL100 (fuji)--it's a very cheap film. costs about PHP72.00 for a roll of 36 shots. There's a more expensive kind (still cheap, though) Fujicolor film, which costs around PHP90something pesos for a roll for 36 shots. Both films are developed using the
c-41 process.
I wanted to try black and white photography but we do not have black and white films here. And also because i don't think the photo shops here still develop black and white photos. I think some black and white films can be developed using the c-41.
I wish i have somebody to talk to on this matter because most of the information i have i got from film photography forums whose members are mostly from north america, places with at least several options when it comes to film processing.
Also i want to learn darkroom developing but i'm not sure if i can acquire the chemicals cheaply. but the main reason i can't try it (even with the chemicals available) is the lack of space. We barely fit in our own little apartment. (yeah, we sleep side by side the pots and pans, actually.)
I have my films processed at the FUJI photo shop (can;t recall the official store name). They develop the film at PHP60.00 and it only takes an hour for them to do it. I went to Kodak but i get bewildered looks when i told the photo lady i would have a FILM developed.
"Film, Ma'am?"
"Yes, film."
She went to call the other photo lady.
"Yes, Ma'am?"
"I want to have my film developed?"
"Film, Ma'am?"
"Yes, film."
"Not digital?"
"Film, not digital," and i showed her the cartridge.
The two ladies look at each other.
"Oh, digital takes only minutes to print for film it would take a day."
"I will only have it DO'd."
Again, surprised look
"I will have the film developed then when the film comes back i will choose which i would want printed."
"It will still take a day, ma'am. We really have a lot of clients waiting for printing right now."
So i left and went to FUJI.
here are the pictures.
 |
Duck.
(Taken by Kit) |
 |
| Mary. |
 |
| Gina. |
 |
| Gogol. |
 |
| Kit and Gogol. |
 |
| Aluminum cup, box of cookies and bell. |
 |
| Bell. |
 |
| Lola Pila. 101 years old. |
 |
| Lola Pila. 101 years old, wearing her DIY bell-necklace. |
 |
| Lola Pila. 101 years old. |
 |
| Lola Pila. 101 years old. |
 |
| Rej and Lola Pila. |
 |
| Rosarito. |
 |
| University of San Agustin waiting shed. |
 |
| Virginia Bridge. |
 |
| San Jose, Antique. |
 |
| UP Visayas. |
 |
| Hospital maintenance center. |
 |
| Full moon. |
that's it!
No comments:
Post a Comment