Somebody yells to the driver of the jeepney I’m riding on that there are lto agents in the next block. They are apprehending erring drivers, especially those who do not follow their simple regulations, ie, wearing of shoes when driving. Quickly, the driver grabs his pair of shoes from under his seat and puts them on. The passenger on the passenger seat next to him helped him reach for them while he carefully puts on the shoes and maneuver the jeepney at the same time.
It’s funny if you come to think of it.
Although it may be a necessary procedure, the wearing of shoes, but the concept is so western and perhaps impractical to our Filipino drivers that they end up with little or no compliance at all.
I think what all these policy makers should do is look into these drivers’ cultural inclinations…or something to that effect then maybe they could then pass a policy that is more attuned and therefore make the drivers more compliant.
I get the jeepney and off and get ready for the battery of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment